Dog Trick Classes
Unleash Potential, Elevate Your Dog’s Training with Trick Training!
We offer both group and private dog trick training classes. Have some fun with your dog and teach them some cool new tricks!
Why Teach Your Dog Tricks?
- Mental Stimulation: Trick training provides mental stimulation for your dog by engaging their brain in learning new tricks and skills. It challenges their cognitive abilities, fostering problem-solving skills and keeping their minds sharp, which is essential for their overall mental well-being.
- Strengthening the Bond: Engaging in trick training creates a stronger bond between you and your dog. It involves teamwork, communication, and positive interaction, enhancing your relationship as you work together toward a common goal. This shared activity builds trust, understanding, and mutual respect.
- Boosting Confidence: Learning and performing tricks can significantly boost your dog’s confidence. As they master new skills and receive praise and rewards, they become more self-assured and confident in their abilities. This increased confidence can extend to other areas of their life, contributing to a well-rounded and confident canine personality.
ABOUT OUR DOG TRICK CLASSES
No matter your dog’s breed, age, fitness level or level of training, all dogs are welcome!
Please note: Your dog must be able to focus on you around other dogs and ideally there would be no barking at other dogs. Otherwise, private sessions may be more suitable.
This course is 4 weeks long and run on Saturday mornings . During the course, you’ll learn how to teach your dog around a dozen dog tricks – and string them together into a mini routine!
Classes run for 50 mins at one class per week for the 4 week course. Limited spots available!
Classes are conducted at our training premises in Buderim 4556.
Hope to see you and your dog soon!
Our group trick classes are 50 minutes long and are limited to 6-8 dogs. No prior experience is necessary – just a positive attitude. Courses run for consecutive 4 weeks with dates listed on our booking page. There are no make up classes if a class is missed – however a private session can be booked to catch up.
This option is not suitable for reactive dogs as all dogs are working at the same time – private lessons may be more suitable.
If group classes aren’t suitable for you, private sessions might be. These lessons are more flexible and are entirely tailored to you and your dog. Lessons can be conducted at a beginner level all the way through to an advanced level for those wanting to fine tune their technique.
Our 4 Course Levels & Tricks List
Before progressing to the next level, your dog must have either completed the all previous levels, or must be able to reliably demonstrate each trick.
Level 1 – Foundation Trick Course
(12 tricks over 4 weeks)
- Follow a lure
- High Five & Paw
- Spin & Turn
- Moving Leg Weaves
- Tell me a secret
- Paws Up (front two paws on an object)
- Circle Handler
- Go round an object
Level 2 – Beginner Trick Course
(8 tricks over 4 weeks)
- Bar Jump
- Figure 8s
- Get on an object (all four paws up)
- Roll out a carpet or nudge a ball
- Roll Over
- Sit Pretty/Beg (with support from handler)
- Walking with dog’s paws on human’s feet
Level 3 – Intermediate Trick Course
(8 tricks over 4 weeks)
- Fetch / Bring an object
- Pivot around an object
- Say your prayers
- Jump through a hoop
- Reverse away
Level 4 – Advanced Trick Course
(8 tricks over 4 weeks)
- Cross Paws
- Hooped Arms
- Reverse leg weaves
- Carry object in mouth
- Cover Eyes / Shy
- Tidy up toys
Dog Trick Classes FAQs
Q: How long are the dog trick classes?
A: Our dog trick courses run for 50mins each week over 4 consecutive weeks.
Q: Where are the dog trick classes held?
A: At the moment, our dog trick classes are held at our fully fenced, shaded, centrally-located dog training field within the Buderim Pony Club. Address: Ballinger Park Sports Complex, Buderim 4556.
Q: How do I pay for sessions?
A: As our courses are quite popular, we require that you pay for each course upfront in order to reserve your place.
Q: What do I need to bring for the dog trick classes?
A: Please bring a collar or harness, leash, treats and your dog’s favourite toy (if they’re toy motivated).
Q: Is there an age limit for my dog or puppy for entry into your trick courses?
A: No there is no age limit, dogs and puppies of any age can participate – though it makes sense that you do some general puppy training (like puppy school) first before you start teaching tricks.
Q: Is there a breed restriction for these dog trick classes?
A: No, dogs of any age, breed and “intelligence” are able to participate in this course.
Q: How much do your trick courses cost?
A: Each trick course costs $165 for the full four weeks – but includes your premium certificate and ribbon at the end of your course.
Q: Do you offer trick training during the week or on the weekends?
A: At the moment our trick classes are run on Saturday mornings – when these get booked out (or if we have lots of interest for a weeknight class) then we’ll be opening courses during the week as well.
Q: How do I book sessions?
A: Please visit our “How To Book” page for instructions on booking. Or, if you already know what to do, please visit our “Book Now” page.
Q: I’m not located in the Sunshine Coast (or classes are held too far away) but I still want to get my Trick Dog title.
A: That’s ok! You can complete your trick dog titles online!